Local Attractions and Things To Do
Events Happening In Durham
Things To Do In Durham Region
Discover Durham Region
Come early or extend your stay in Durham Region and take advantage of the Ontario Staycation Tax Credit for leisure overnight stays by Ontario residents
Details of the Ontario Staycation Tax Credit are below:
- Ontario residents are eligible for a 20 per cent personal income tax credit on eligible accommodation between January 1 and December 31, 2022, up to a maximum credit value of $200 for an individual, or $400 for a family.
- Ontario residents can apply for this credit through their 2022 personal tax filing, and the benefit even if there is no balance owing.
- Eligible accommodation expenses are:
- Stays of less than a month at an eligible accommodation such as a hotel, motel, resort, lodge, bed-and-breakfast establishment, cottage, or campground in Ontario;
- Stays between January 1 and December 31 of 2022;
- Incurred for leisure;
- Paid by the Ontario tax filer, their spouse or common-law partner, or their eligible child, as set out on a detailed receipt;
- Not reimbursed to the tax filer, their spouse or common-law partner, or their eligible child, by any person, including by a friend or an employer;
- Stays which are subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST)/Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), as set out on a detailed receipt.